President Trump on Thursday will reportedly announce plans to back down from his effort to have a citizenship question added to the 2020 census. The president on Thursday morning said he will hold a news conference in the Rose Garden in the afternoon on "the census and citizenship," which comes a week after the census moved to print without the question. Trump later said that he would continue the fight to have the question added and was weighing a potential executive order, but will reportedly instead ask the Commerce Department to get the data through other means. The Supreme Court last month ruled that the administration could not add the citizenship question to the census for now.
need to know now