December 09, 2016
Table of contents
- The Week’ s guide to what’s worth watching
- Trump: Flip-flopping on campaign promises
- ...and rages as recounts advance in three states
- Poll watch
- Latin America: Mourning a giant of the region
- The week’s other opening
- Italy: Will a referendum topple the government?
- Identity politics: The Democrats’ downfall?
- The world at a glance ...
- Innovation of the week
- It wasn’t all bad
- Trump fills out a conservative Cabinet ...
- Getting the flavor of...
- China’s ‘credit rating for everything’
- The Cuban dictator who defied the U.S. for half a century
- Editor’s letter
- The U.S. at a glance ...
- His father’s stint in jail
- Hotel of the week
- Best columns: The U.S.
- New on DVD and Blu-ray
- The bottom line
- Author of the week
- Charity of the week
- Health & Science
- Gadgets: Snap’s spiffy ‘Spectacles’
- Trump’s most trusted adviser
- Last-minute travel deals
- Bytes: What’s new in tech
- Fidel Castro: How will the world remember the Cuban dictator?
- Critics’ choice: Three restaurants riding serious upswings
- Melania Trump: Staying put in New York
- Best columns: International
- Show of the week
- What the experts say
- Recipe of the week
- Retail: Online shopping dominates holiday sales
- Wit & Wisdom
- Movies on TV
- It must be true... I read it in the tabloids
- Budgeting: Keeping holiday spending in check
- Pick of the week’s cartoons
- Review of reviews: Art & Stage
- Review of reviews: Books
- Best properties on the market
- Pushing themselves to the extreme
- Best books…chosen by Roz Chast
- This week’s dream: Japan’s winter wonderland
- Best columns: Europe
- Party People
- Review of reviews: Film
- Wine: Three ‘naturals’
- Issue of the week: Judge halts new overtime rules
- The Puzzle Page
- Gift guide: The season’s best toys
- Also of interest...rules and conventions
Controversy of the week
...and how they were covered
Best columns: International
The main stories...
Food & Drink
The news at a glance
The last word
The Book List