December 23, 2016
Table of contents
- Editor’s letter
- The CIA’s claim that Russia sought to help Trump
- Trump rounds out conservative, pro-business Cabinet
- It wasn’t all bad
- Pruitt: Will Trump’s EPA nominee roll back regulations?
- The U.S. at a glance ...
- The world at a glance ...
- Christmas meals around the world
- Best columns: The U.S.
- It must be true... I read it in the tabloids
- Best columns: Europe
- Best columns: International
- Glenn: The last American hero
- Twitter: Trump’s cyberbully pulpit
- Conway: Mommy Wars at the White House
- Trump: Why he’s nominating generals
- Wit & Wisdom
- The year in review
- Here are 40 questions to test your knowledge of the year’s events
- Pick of the week’s cartoons
- The way we were in 2016
- It must be true...The best of the tabloids in 2016
- Shopping: Amazon’s cashier-less grocery store
- Innovation of the week
- Bytes: What’s new in tech
- Some of the things they said were good for us and some of the things we were told to avoid
- The big scientific breakthroughs of 2016 from gravitational waves to a helium reservoir
- Critics’ choice: The year’s best novels and the year’s best nonfiction
- Five stories that had everyone talking
- Critics’ choice: The top five albums of 2016
- Singles of the year: The critics’ top three
- Critics’ choice: The year’s top 10 movies
- Movies on TV
- Show of the week
- The year’s top dining trends
- This week’s dream: Braving a Siberian winter wonderland
- Hotel of the week
- Getting the flavor of...
- Holiday gifts... for those who have everything
- Best properties on the market
- The news at a glance
- The bottom line
- When ritzy pastimes boost résumés
- Holiday gift cards: The perfect present or too impersonal?
- What the experts say
- Charity of the week
- Best columns: Business
- Among those who died in 2016...
- Why we need to read
- The Puzzle Page
The main stories...
... and how they were covered
Controversy of the week
Health & Science
Review of reviews: Books
Year in review: Art
Review of reviews: Music
Review of reviews: Film
Food & Drink
The last word